Pages

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Hey Mr. Conductor...

Hey Mr. Conductor, here I am waiting at the bus stop.
Waiting for your bus, Bus no 339,
Going from somewhere to nowhere,
come rain or shine.
Always on time, every time

Hey Mr. Conductor, you have new shades on,
And Mr. Driver is looking dapper today.
Hmm, you both look wonderful,
Should I wish you for something?
Was one of you born on this day?

Hey Mr. Conductor, let me find myself a seat.
Where are the giggly girls and the handsome hunk?
Oh there he is, making eyes at one.
He just smiles at me and leaves me alone.
Sigh, I wish I did not sound so forlorn.

Hey Mr. Conductor, let me see where my friends are.
I find no strangers,
just people who are not friends yet.
And yet there is a bond, between all of us,
and not because we have just met.

Hey Mr. Conductor, slow the bus down a bit,
I want to see the children play,
when we pass by the park.
I wish I could join them and stay,
And look at the new lovers today.

Hey Mr. Conductor, the office guys are hopping in.
I see you watched cricket yesterday.
I know we lost but we could have won!!
Yes, I am sure you all have an opinion.
But I would rather watch a movie for some fun!!!

Hey Mr. Conductor, here come all those pretty ladies...
With baskets of vegetables and trinkets and flowers!
Look there is your favourite too,
With jasmine in her hair and,
a coy look just for you.

Hey Mr. Conductor, here comes my stop.
Be seeing you tomorrow.
Travellers together for a few hours,
A stranger and yet a friend I see,
With a ready smile especially for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment