Pages

Sunday, February 3, 2013

You call it love?

It is quite common in India to conceal our love affairs from our family and friends. And then, when the issue of marriage arises (that too after 'seeing' a few boys and girls), we manage to remember we do have someone we love. This gives rise to a host of family dramas - tears, threats, fasting,  absolute silence, you name it! Have I been through it? No alas no, I had an old fashioned arranged marriage. And guess what, if anything goes wrong, I just look at my folks with the look "See what you have done. Its all your fault". I am getting my revenge for the all the looks I recived from them as a kid. Ha ha ha....

I have also been noticing it is usually the girls who are bold enough to accept and flaunt their love. Is it their faith in their lovers or faith in love itself? Or perhaps, it is hardwired in us, remember Mahabharta? Rukmini took the reins of the chariot and drove Krishna away. So technically, he did not kidnap her, but she eloped with him... I think I will go with this argument. So you see, Indian women will always be bold and gutsy to accept their love. I just wish the guys were too.


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, the way you capture the moment. Brilliant !!

    ReplyDelete