Pages

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Window dressing at Neeru's - bad practice

The other day, Hubby and I were driving by Neeru’s on Rd No 1, opposite the City Centre. And guess what we got to see, a female mannequin being dressed, no not inside the showroom as it is usually done, but at the display window.
I simply could not believe my eyes since the person who had been chosen to carry out the task was a guy. He had completely stripped the mannequin and was trying to drape a saree around it. Its chest was bare and it was facing the road, as usual in its display position. We could see he was moving his hands all over the figure...yetch...
A man and his doll - it was grossly voyeuristic. I had half a heart to walk out and whack the man and yell at him. Unfortunately I was boxed in by the traffic and could not get out.

What are people thinking when they do this? Don’t they have common sense? It might have been a lifeless doll, but it still represents the female figure and I am sure a lot of women must have felt uncomfortable that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment